Laboratory diagnostics in dentistry?
Yes! Because certain immunological, molecular biological and genetic tests in dentistry contribute to an improved and personalised therapy. This has a positive effect on prevention, treatment and aftercare.
- Determination of the inflammation marker aMMP-8
- PCR-detection of periodontogenic bacteria
- Genetic testing for an increased risk of periodontitis
- Microbiological analyses
- Medical consultation
- Hygiene tests
Early detection of periodontitis
Biomarkers and "parking warner" on the car have something in common: they provide information about something we do not see. In this way, they help us prevent worse from happening. Biomarkers enable you to recognize clinical developments before they become "visible" and support you in making therapy decisions.
With the biomarker aMMP-8
- bacterial inflammations (periodontitis and peri-implantitis) can be detected before they become clinically detectable with a probe or X-ray
- you have the chance to treat by early detection with gentle methods
- find out how closely prophylaxis or check-ups are useful (PZR or follow-up)
- use our diagnosis algorithm
Detection of periodontal germs
The detection of clinically relevant periodontopathogenic bacteria (marker germs) allows a statement about the bacterial spectrum and the number of bacteria in the affected patient. The test results serve as an aid in making a decision regarding antibiotic therapy and the choice of antibiotics. In addition, the examination can be used for therapy control. Please use our therapy scheme for this purpose.
The analysis is carried out using modern molecular biological methods by examining specific DNA sections of the corresponding germs. The method offers a reliable, reproducible pathogen detection for dentistry. Due to the high stability of DNA, sample transport is unproblematic all year round.
Genetic risk check
The cause of the destruction of the periodontium is the body's own genetically determined inflammatory reaction. A prognostic risk factor for periodontitis is the interleukin-1 genotype located on chromosome 2. The presence of certain combined genotypes (polymorphisms) leads to an overproduction of interleukin-1 and thus to an excessive immune reaction. Massive loss of connective tissue and bone resorption may follow.
These polymorphisms are a possible explanation for the observation that patients with an identical clinical picture show a completely different course of disease. The test result thus offers additional support for individual therapy planning by allowing statements about the progression of periodontitis and peri-implantitis.
Hygiene and infection prevention
Are you looking for a solution to meet the increasing hygienic requirements for dental practices and outpatient operating centres in a sensible and, above all, affordable way? Just ask us. We are at your side with expert advice and many years of experience in implementing the hygiene standards required by the control authorities.
Our service for surgeries and clinics
- findings interpreted by a specialist
- Calculation of the costs to the patient by us on the basis of the GOÄ
- free sample shipment within Germany
- We provide our customers with the special materials required for the examination free of charge (order form)
- for aMMP-8 a special finding for patients - in addition to the medical finding
- Information material for patients
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our range of products and services:
Bioscientia Service Dentistry
Tel: +49 6132 781-240